Konnichiwa Mina~san,
It's been awhile since I have been able to update this but I have either been to busy smashing Nihongo into my brain or just not in the mood. I always want to update my blog at random times like when I am walking on the street and see something sugoi, tanoshii, or chotto hen...(awesome, funny, or a bit weird). Maybe I need to keep a little black book with me at all times to write my random thoughts & insights in....because nowadays they are pretty random! But come to think of it....I am a pretty random person.
The past few days have been full of doing work and just the daily life of a ryugakusei : waking up, getting ready, warming up to Japanese with my early morning kaiwa (conversations) with okaasan... Ohayou gozaimasing everyone I see as I bee bop with my iPod while walking up and down the various paved hills to the Kisaichi Eki (Kisaichi = where I live and station). I then proceed onto the train to be greeted by iroiro (various) glances which I have gotten somewhat used to and kind of take some sort of pride in....as weird as that might sound. Might as well make the best of it right? Some fortunate nihonjin actually are greeted by me occassionally and usually the reaction is a look or a smile of surprise. Sometimes I do get the embarrassed eyes-cast-down reaction which I sometimes take to be probably embarrassment. I proceed out of the train and consistently feel like I arrive at a new station every single day....I can't quite seem to leave from the same exit twice which is quite an annoying adventure especially if I need to get to school right away.
Next once I find my way out of the jungle of what is Hirakatashi Eki, I walk straight to Kansai Gaidai on a road equipped with walks that make me think I will be hit by an oncoming bus or speeding moped... and a shout out to all those AKIRA fans out there, occassionally there will be men on bikes flying down the street that make me either 1) see my life flash before my eyes or 2) really want to watch the movie AKIRA. That opening scene is just superb, especially with the music. For all of you who haven't seen this foundational anime epic, I suggest that you do. It has influenced much of what is known as modern anime. Thank you, Katsuhiro Otomo.
After a good 25 minute hike up and down hills I arrive at school sweating profusely no matter what the weather might be. Sometimes it is even my pleasure that I have to run to class for fear of being late. That's the "always be early whereever you go" element in my personality. Thank you, softball. I go to classes, converse with people in English and Japanese and plan to study/check out the gym. Often I eat udon with a nice soft stick of breaded fish-something which is quite oishii (delicious). I will be checking the gym out officially tomorrow. heheh Promise!
Today I have one more class as well as the first meeting for the Japanese Sign Language Study Group. I will be learning 2 languages while I am here! I will update on this later. Also, Mara and I will be visiting our friend Asuka in Tokyo this weekend! I'm very excited to see Asuka after such a long time without seeing her. The night bus should be interesting and the whole trip a very cool adventure. Oh and another random thought.....I am thinking about joining an Aikido Circle... It will be an opportunity for me to learn a martial art, but also meet new people. The only draw back however is that the practice time for it is from 13:00 - 16:00 on Saturdays (which is 1-4pm). I thought that I would be traveling on those days, but in order to budget my money...I might not be able to travel as much as I would like. This circle might be a good alternative.....Who knows.....
Any opinions or thoughts?
Jyane~
Ashlee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment