Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Shinto Torii Pictures~

Hopefully this will work.  Following are more of the pictures I have taken of torii.
< Torii at Fushimi Inari's 'Buddhist side' of the mountain





















































toro or lanterns was greater in Nara












Again, in Nara, most likely within Kasuga Taisha






















































































































< The glorious and infamous Great Torii of Miyajima Island/Itsukushima Jinja.



















































I completely forgot where this was.  Sorry.

























Gion, Yasaka Jinja - This torii seemed to be in the shrine itself instead of outside.












Gion, near Hanamachi Dori - a little local jinja that has the same kanji that the Fushimi Inari torii have.  I have not a clue what the kanji mean, unfortunately.  I will look into it later.











Shiga Prefecture, Hiyoshi Taisha by Mount Hiei












Hiyoshi Taisha - a stone torii marking the way to Hiyoshi Taisha by hovering over a road.












Near Shinsaibashi, Osaka - right smack dab in the middle of a urban neighborhood there is this shinmei torii.  I took this on my way to a club.  ^_^












Last, but not least and courtesy of cnn.com, is a picture that helps back my claim that torii can symbolize Japan.  Especially the big one!

どうもありがとうございました。
終わり。

No comments:

Post a Comment